Stud welding with tip ignition is a modern, economical fastening system for many areas of industry.
Easy, fast, user-friendly
- Saves time and money
- Increases the productivity
- Promotes the competitiveness
Capacitor Discharge Stud Welding
Particular advantages of this method
- Instantaneous welding of studs and pins made of steel and non-ferrous metals with diameters of up to 8mm.
- Stud connections onto thin sheet metals with a minimum thickness of 0.5 mm. Method replaces prior perforation, drilling, screwing, in nuts, riveting, etc.
- Absolutely no-leak components.
- Thanks to the minimal thermal influence on the material, there are no markings on the reverse-side of anodized or coated sheet metals.
- High performance of eguipment guarantees high weld rates.
A stud is welded by means of a direct discharge of a capacitor battery with high capacitance. Ignition of the arc caused by discharging of the energy storing capacitors first of all concentrates on the ignition tip which vaporizes. The arc melts the entire face of the flange and the surface of the parent material opposite the flange. The stud is moved forwards until contact is made with the parent material.
The arc is extinguished and the capacitors are completely discharged. A uniform cross-sectional fusion of stud and parent material is achieved.
Weld cycle amounts to only 1 to 3 ms.
Hand-held guns move the stud forwards mechanically by spring pressure.
The stud welding replaces the conventional and expensive methods, such as pre-punching drilling, thread cutting, screwed retainers/ fasteners, adhesives, round- welded fasteners, etc...
- Significant cost reductions can achieved of products, if the fasteners weld on immediately by electronically controlled quality bonds.
- Weldable: 3-25 mm diameter threaded and unthreaded pins, nuts, mandrels, etc …
- No deformation, due to the input of the low heat.
- Hollow parts retain their closure.
- The parts should be accessible only from one side.
- The stud welding systems and welding studs correspond to the highest standards.
Drawn arc stud welding
Versions of the process:
Stud welding with ceramic-ring, stud welding by protective atmosphere, short cycle stud welding.
With drawn arc stud welding method, expedient to welding 3-25 mm diameter alloyed and unalloyed stainless and refractory steel studs.
Especially used for thin sheet metal, till 0.5 mm sheet thickness.
Stud welding with ceramic-ring
High reliability of this universal process due to the deep permeation and precisely calibrated welding.